Presently the first primary prototypes are being developed on a laboratory scale. The evaluation and validation of the newly developed products for food quality and safety as well as the determination of sensory parameters will be performed by DLG sensory experts. In the framework of a human intervention trial the resulting prototypes will be tested according to any physiological benefits and effects on CV status. These heart-healthy food products can be marketed within the next 3-5 years at the earliest.
Based on this preliminary work the product range will be gradually broadened. Additional groups of foods: dairy products, bakery products, prepared dishes, etc. will be optimized for nutrient composition.
nutriCARD aims to improve recipes of traditional products with regard to nutrient composition, especially fat quality.
The added health benefits of the innovative products will then be scientifically investigated in human studies.
The initiation of human studies are an important tool to investigate and evaluate the correlating effects between nutrition, metabolism, biomarkers and risk factors, genetic determinants and age- and nutrition- dependent diseases in healthy and diseased individuals (study participants).
Currently the following projects will be also initiated:
- Development of a drinkable yoghurt for pregnant and lactating women, and children to ensure an adequate supply of long-chain polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids (in cooperation with Herzgut Landmolkerei Schwarza eG, Rudolstadt-Schwarza; LFE – Förderung der Zusammenarbeit in Land-, Forst- und Ernährungswirtschaft)
- Influence of roasting on health-related compounds and physiological effects of β-glucan rich grains (barley and oat), FEI-Project
- Development of innovative noodle products "Thuringian noodles for children AckiNu and LupiNu" (LFE – Förderung der Zusammenarbeit in Land-, Forst- und Ernährungswirtschaft)
Das Vorhaben „Produktentwicklung - Trinkjoghurt für A) Schwangere und Stillende und B) Kinder zur Sicherstellung der Versorgung mit mehrfach ungesättigten, langkettigen n-3 Fettsäuren" wird im Rahmen der Förderung der Zusammenarbeit in der Land-, Forst- und Ernährungswirtschaft (LFE) Förderrichtlinie des Thüringer Ministeriums für Infrastruktur und Landwirtschaft (TMIL) / Teil A - Operationelle Gruppen (Europäische Innovationspartnerschaft) gefördert (Projekt-Nr.: 2016 LFE 0015, Laufzeit: 2 Jahre)
Nähere Informationen finden Sie hier
Based on preliminary SME projects (e.g. with the Herzgut Landmolkerei Schwarza eG, Rudolstadt-Schwarza) marketable cardio-protective products are already being offered:
- monounsaturated (MUFA) and polyunsaturated (PUFA) fatty acid-enriched butter
- yoghurt enriched with long-chain n-3 PUFA from marine sources (marketed as Omeghurt®) as well as
- sugar-reduced yoghurt which is sweetened with stevia.
The additional health and nutritional benefits achieved by regular consumption of yoghurt enriched with long chain n-3 fatty acids has already been evaluated and confirmed in human studies (previous projects).